Friday 16 October 2009

OUR JOHN GETS POLICE GONG

We are proud to announce that John Munton, services manager at The Building With No Name, has been named the Community Safety Volunteer of the Year by South Wales Police Authority.

John received his award in recognition of his long standing involvement with Neighbourhood Watch and Crimestoppers. John said: “I am very proud and overwhelmed to have won this award. It really is unexpected. I do not do the work for any recognition, but it warms my heart to know that I am making a difference in the community.

Chair of the Police Authority, Councillor Russell Roberts, said: “John has been the epitome of a community safety volunteer. He works alongside the police in tackling local issues and is a key contact for the officers. I congratulate John on receiving this well-deserved prize.”

No comments:

Post a Comment